Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Welcome

Welcome to the new Poole Room blog.

The blog is dedicated to collectors of antiques and collectables, particularly Poole Pottery which has been my introduction to the world of collecting, but also anything else that catches my interest.

One the things I find interesting about collecting is the research into an item's history. Even working at the lower end of the market (as I do!) it is fascinating to discover a little bit about the circumstances that gave rise to the item in your hands, the people involved, their motivations, successes and failures.

I have started this blog to try and share some of this interest with the world at large. Will I find enough to blog about? Will I find the time to do this? Will anyone care? Who knows, but let's give it a try.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I recently received a poole figurine titled 'eleanor' can you tell me something on it.

12:17 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a large round pot painted with wild flowers-ivy, columbine and others flowers on a white lustre glaze. It has a Poole Dorset stamp on the bottom and the number 23. Haven't seen anything in similar style so wondering if it's fake? it's a lovely good quality pot.

9:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home